Friday, January 22, 2010

Miss Joyce Colley

I attended the funeral today of Joyce Colley, 93 of Treleet, Pembroke. I got to know her well over the past couple of years as she was a great help to me in my research into the history of Pembroke. She had a sharp mind and an amazing memory and I shall always remember the happy hours we spent talking about the old days. Recently I organised a digital story workshop in the Community Centre as part of the Pembroke Story Heritage Project and she took part. "Are you sure it won't be too much for you?""No, I'll come if I'm able"she insisted. She loved to take part . We made a lovely little film about life in Pembroke in her parent's day when there was great poverty : her parents, the Colley family, were the big employers in Pembroke and were local benefactors. Joyce was a lovely lady and will be missed by so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment